Sunday, March 24, 2013

Review - The Shadow Rises by K.S. Marsden



The Shadow Rises by K.S. Marsden

Goodreads blurb:  Witches are real, and to be blunt, they’re all black-hearted, and evil. These are not wiccans, bored housewives and teens that wore too much black, playing with candles and poems; witches are a different breed that use magic with devastating effect.
Charged with stopping the witches, taking whatever measures necessary, there are witch-hunters, all reporting to the Malleus Maleficarum Council (MMC). For hundreds of years witches have been persecuted and when the powerful Shadow Witch rises again, they have their opportunity for revenge.

The best the MMC has to offer, the talented seventh-generation witch-hunting Hunter Astley has his own part to play. In his own way.

My Thoughts - 3 out of 5 unicorns - I liked it!

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this book.  I did not connect well with this book, and it has everything to do with me not the writer.  It is well written and a good story, but I have a problem with all witches being bad, evil, and power hungry (too much like racism or bigotry).  I guess I like an even mix of good and evil.  I think this caused the disconnect for me, and I had no problem putting the book down because of this.  The ending sort of left you hanging, and I haven’t seen anything indicating that this is a series.  I would definitely read the next book if it is a series to know what happens next because I think it has possibilities.  :)

Want to read this, find it here:  Amazon or Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment