Monday, March 18, 2013

Review of Tourmentin by Michelle Cornwell-Jordan


Tourmentin by Michelle Cornwell-Jordan



Book Blurb:  Emile and Serafine loved at first sight believing in their fairytale ending. But fate and darkness from Emile’s past separate the lovers, with Emile being trapped in an alternate time, imprisoned in the 1800’s by his former lover the sultry Isadora. Isadora is convinced that she and Emile belong together and also as the old saying goes… believes if she cannot have Emile, then no one can.

Time moves forward and Emile’s beloved Serafine dies, but she promises to find her true love again. Love’s promise is realized, when Serafine is reborn into the modern age and has returned to the French Quarter and to the very hotel where her Emile still remains frozen in time.

The lovers reunite, only to face an evil which vows to destroy them once and for all.

My Thoughts - 3 to 4 out of 5 stars - Good story, just too tame for me :)

This review is tough for me because it is a beautiful story, but it just didn’t do anything for me.  It was much too tame for me.  It is a story where true love never dies in New Orleans thanks to Hoodoo.  It has old world charm just like the French Quarter does with a handsome ghost who Melissa dreams of.  It is very sweet and well written.  It reminds me of my trips to New Orleans and the French Quarter.  I remember hearing about the ghost stories from the trolley operator, and this reminded me of those stories.  I think if you like historical type romances with a ghost twist that you would love this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment