Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review - Obsidian Souls by Donna Augustine





Souls Book 1 - Obsidian Souls
by Donna Augustine

Book Blurb from Goodreads:  When innocent botanist Alexandria is attacked on a cold winter night, she believes it is nothing more than bad luck. She never suspects that her attacker is not human, and that Caden, her white knight, would be more of the dark and brooding variety and as scary as the thug he’s saving her from.

Now strange beings are stalking her every move and she does not know why. The cops are turning a blind eye, and she has nowhere left to turn but to Caden. He’s willing to help, but he is short on answers and his motivations are not the purest. If she does not find answers soon, her life as she knows it is over. But is she prepared for the truth she finds?

Author's Note: Although some of the story elements might feel complete, this book is not intended to be a stand alone. This is only the beginning of the journey, and I appreciate everyone that decides to come along. Thank you. 

My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 stars - I loved it!!!

This book kept me up last night because I couldn’t go to sleep without knowing what would happen to Alexandria and Caden.  I had things to do during the day that kept me from reading, so I stayed up until 4am to finish it.  The journey with Alexandria was wonderful.  You felt like you were right there while she learned about things she never knew existed.  The author had some wonderful humor and sarcasm that had me laughing out loud and my son asking what was so funny.  I can’t imagine how it would be to have your whole world turned upside down, but I don’t think I’d mind if I had my own Caden.  I love the world Donna has created, and I cannot wait for the next in the series.  I wonder if it will be about Alexandria or some of the other guys like Mike or Alex and I hope it isn’t long :)

Interested :)  Buy here:  Amazon or Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment